Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A little piece of history.

Today Barack Obama became our 44th President of the United States. I was only able to catch little bits of the inauguration on t.v. because I was at work and the only t.v. is in the waiting room. Plus, I don't get very excited about these things, a.k.a. politics. So, I would rather get more of my work done....and today this meant rescheduling tons of patient tests and follow-up office visits!
I appreciate Bush's time in office and think he should be commended for doing a hell of a job with the circumstances he was handed. Poor guy has aged about 20 years in only 8. I really hope he goes on a long vacation and settles in Texas to do nothing except enjoy life and family for the rest of his.
I am excited about the change and possibility of a new president, but still doubt if things will only get better. I am so thankful that Brent and I both have careers that offer really good job security. So, many people have lost their jobs. Several big companies right out of Knoxville have been hit hard. The clothing store, Goody's, which is based out of Knoxville just declared bankruptcy and the president of UT recently announced that they may have to lay off up to 700 employees. This is just a very uncertain and scary time.
One thing I do know for sure and the reason I can sleep peacefully at night----is that God will provide and God is GOOD!

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS