Saturday, February 21, 2009

Neiman Marcus Brownies

Next time you are in charge of bringing the desert, try these instead of ordinary brownies. They are sooo good and are always a hit. They taste like mini cheesecake bites, yum!!

1. 1 bx butter pecan cake mix
2. 1 stick of butter, melted
3. 1 egg
4. 1 box of powdered sugar
5. 1 stick of butter, melted
6. 1 pkg. 8 oz cream cheese
7. 2 eggs
8. chopped pecans

Mix first three ingredients together and press into greased 13x9 pan. Mix well the last ingredients except pecans and pour over cake. Cover with chopped pecans. Bake @ 300 for 55-60 minutes. Until tops are just a little browned; as above. Cool--then I cover and put the whole pan in the fridge overnight (a couple of hours will work too) to cut the next day. You do not have to do this but it will make it so much easier to cut and serve. Really good!


JUST A LITTLE FUNNY:

Brent and I were out running errands the other day and I got him to drive through Starbucks to get me an afternoon cup of coffee. It took a little convincing because Brent hates that I spend $4 for a mocha. I do agree with him, so I only try to "treat" myself a couple of times a week. I do admit, sometimes it's 4 times a week!! Anyways, we went through the drive thru and this is how it went....

Brent: I want one SMALL mocha

Starbucks Guy: Okay, that's one TALL mocha

Brent: No, a small mocha.

Starbucks Guy: Yes Sir, that's one tall mocha

So, I had been digging through my purse during all this and after like the third time of this exchange I realize what was happening and couldn't even stop laughing to tell Brent to PLEASE pull ahead until after the 4th time they did this! By this point, Brent was practically screaming SMMMAALLLL. So funny!!

1 comment:

The Easleys said...

OMG....I can picture it in my head...I bet he was furious...just like patrick would have been

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS