Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"The Trench"

Last Sunday, Brent kept talking about this trench he needed to dig. I didn't really pay it much attention and then around 5:30 that night he went outside. I walked out the front door about an hour later to see this....


"trench" going through the middle of our yard. Enjoy some more views to get the full effect...





I ABOUT DIED!! Seriously, a trench through the middle of our front yard (Brent standing beside it all happy and proud)? Okay, so I start flipping out a little and Brent is trying to explain that this is a French drain to divert water from somewhere to another....who knows. I'm not sold...so I'm still flipping out. And I could literally see the pride disappearing off his face and the happiness becoming angry.....So, I was really trying to regroup (like a good wife and all)---and that's when he said it, just as serious as could be........


"Ramey, we could lose our house"


I did the whole, tilt my head to the side--crinkle up my nose--and I seriously looked at him after a substantial silence and said...that is going to be the title of my next blog! We both couldn't help sharing a good old-fashioned belly laugh after all that transpired in the mere 5 minutes since I had walked outside!! It really was hysterical.


But, anyways, it's been 10 days and nothing has changed....there is still a huge trench going through the middle of our yard, just as I suspected it would. Sorry neighbors....we promise you'll be happy with the end results...whenever that might be.


One last picture to show this French drain in action....IT WORKS!! and Brent promises we'll be able to grow grass over it once he finishes it.

2 comments:

MNJ said...

Ha. Ramey, that's hysterical. Matt has actually been talking about putting a French drain in our front yard, but he did explain the concept beforehand and hasn't started yet. I have a feeling our French drain will involve me digging, too, so maybe you should just enjoy yours, unsightly ditch and all. -Megan

MLD said...

I don't know what you're talking about, we think the trench is beautiful just as it is.

; )

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS