Sunday, August 23, 2009

Our Front Porch

Slowly but surely.....one day..... we will have a beautifully landscaped yard.

After we got the trees cut down and the "woods" no longer hide our house, the front porch was glaringly empty! This was a simple fix which involved no grass growing, pipes, rocks, digging, etc. And I loved how it turned out. I also love having rocking chairs outside to sit and watch Smoky instead of sitting on the steps. As you can see the trench is still there, arghhh.

Side Note: My mom always had ferns on our front porch growing up and for some reason I just did not like them. I always thought they were ugly and said I would never have ferns when I grow up.....and, as you can see, I have ferns....and I'm liking them.....scary!!


















The Back deck....

I put up a bird feeder, right out my kitchen window and within one day I had my first visitor


I also have some more friends that are enjoying(both seem to be getting along together)...
MAN I FEEL REALLY OLD AFTER THIS POST :-)

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS