Sunday, September 27, 2009

Team Hardin

A lesson learned during premarital counseling that continues to resonate in my head.....ya'll are on the "same team."

How relieving, peaceful, comforting and joyful.

Looking back, it always felt while dating each argument was some sort of battle, jockeying for top position. It was essential not to lose for fear that a pattern would continue for the rest of that relationship. And I guess this is necessary to sort through the wrong ones to find the right one, and part of the whole...do our values and life goals match up?

What a difference being married makes...truly! I honestly wasn't expecting to feel something so totally different. No doubt, this difference began precisely on May 3rd, 2008, at 6:15pm. Even if we were before being married, NOW we are fighting for the same things.

How relieving, peaceful, comforting and joyful!!

What brought this up?

Brent recently joined the indoor soccer team I have been playing with for the last year. I am absolutely loving it. There is nothing sexier than playing competitively with your husband...on the same team! High fives and enthusiastically cheering on the other. After he scored one of his three goals last week, he winked at me as he was running back!!

I know it is not possible to be this enthusiastic in the everyday dealings of life (Brent and I don't normally high five after making family decisions or settling a dispute), but its so refreshing to feel this on the field...and maybe we should start!!

I am so thankful for my teammate!! As a team, I know there is nothing we won't be able to make it through!

Hope everyone has a great week.

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS