Monday, July 5, 2010

Summertime


Brent and I don't have much on our summer schedule besides the normal....work, weddings, a couple of three day weekends....and well, that's it.  I know, kind of sad.  I'm so  jealous  happy for the peeps that have multiple beach trips planned on top of other summer vacations. 

I will take most of the responsibility here.  I work in a small office and when someone takes time off, others are left with more work.  So, basically two weeks total per year is what I feel comfortable with (really just one, but that's a bit ridiculous).  This Summer we have had to turn down an invite to the beach for a week with my Dad and a week at the lake in Arkansas (the Hardins annual trip).  Don't feel too bad for me/us...I only work four days a week and I love my job (94% of the time).  However, I am really looking forward to the time when I'm a stay at home mom I can take off whenever I want and how often I need without feeling bad. 

Don't get me wrong, I think I would go insane if I didn't work.  In fact, I really almost did go insane when we first moved to Knoxville.  My plan was to take a 2-3 month break while we got "settled in."  That sounds fabulous, right?!  However, after only 2 weeks I was going crazy.  It was a bit depressing....sleep late, move to couch, get up to eat, back to couch, look forward to Brent coming home.  One would think that my house (loft in this case) would have been sparkling clean and dinner on the table, but it was more of a wreck and we had to eat out...for the mere fact that by the time Brent came home I was ready to get out of the house. 

Now, 2 years later...it would probably be a little different since we are actually established in Knoxville and have friends.  Actually, it would probably make a BIG difference.  Regardless (in my case), a J-O-B = Healthy.  I am much more productive if I have a job.  For example, I will straighten up and do the dishes/unload the dishwasher before I even go to work.  And like I was saying, when I didn't have a job I would sleep till 11...do nothing all day, not even the dishes. I really wish it were the other way around!

Anyway...I guess I could think of worse things!
Summertime is Summertime and I'm not going to complain!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Fourth.  Brent was on call all weekend and it was hellacious really busy so he spent most of his time under the florescent lights at the hospital.  I, on the other hand, was able to catch some rays of sunshine.  Now, Brent's golfing and I'm cleaning house!  Oh Joy!

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS