Wednesday, October 13, 2010

It's a ...

healthy baby BOY!!


Honestly, Brent and I couldn't be more excited. 

Growing up, I always pictured myself having boys.  I have just always felt that I would be a better boy mommy.  I was a tomboy growing up---I enjoyed playing in the woods, building forts, sports, etc..  Bows, barbies, dresses, dance just aren't really my thing. 

However, I had convinced myself (and Brent) that we were having a little girl and that she would most likely love all things pink.  AND...I was actually okay really excited about the prospect of having a sweet little girl.  In fact, both Brent and I would love a daughter at some point now. 

So, when the ultrasound tech said BOY...we were both a little shocked (in a good way).  Could have quite possibly been the happiest day of Brent's life!!  We are both on cloud nine!!  Before finding out the sex of the baby yesterday...this pregnancy really hadn't sunk in (I haven't gained any weight and feel fine)...but in the mere 24+ hours since finding out--it feels that my love has grown tenfold for this tiny baby little boy growing inside me!

I'm looking forward to sitting at ball fields, playing in the mud, hunting insects, and all things little boy!  Granted if he wants to play the piano, take dance...I will fully support that too (and so will Brent, it will just take a little more time, but I guarantee he will come around). 

2 comments:

Elissa said...

WoooWhooo for Boys!!!! Soooo thrilled for you guys!!!

Elissa said...

Oh I was going to tell you...Aaron was forced into Piano by his parents at age 7 and he excelled at that and sports. He was one of those big football players who was talented in all things boy and piano and art. So, don't worry!!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS