Friday, January 7, 2011

these crazy...

HORMONES

I consider myself a pretty emotionally stable kind of person.  I don't cry a lot, maybe once every 4-5 months.  Though, I will say...I do enjoy a good cry.  There is something that is so invigorating (for lack of a better word) about a good cry.  And by "good cry" I mean lots tears, the runny/watery type snot, and a couple of sobs here and there.  It doesn't matter what the reason is for the good cry is....it could be some sad news, hurt feelings, a good movie, or being pissed off....I enjoy (again, for lack of better word) the feeling after.  Is this weird?

Anyway, I've been rocking along this pregnancy all fine and dandy...actually not shedding any tears (have I mentioned we are thrilled/happy/ecstatic to be having this little one, so what's to cry about :-)...UNTIL, the last week or two...and in this last week or two I've probably cried 3 or 4 times over silly stuff things that I normally would not cry over.

For example;  Brent and I went to Dick's Sporting Goods the other day and I was trying on some Nike workout pants (they so happened to be BLACK) that had a cute/comfy/zipped over my belly/could wear even after pregnancy jacket (that so happened to be WHITE).  I was thinking awesome, this will give me something else to wear.  I walked out of the dressing room, which is smack dab in the middle of the store, wearing my "new" outfit to show Brent....
B:  NO
R:  Come again?
B:  NO, I don't like the jacket.
R:  Seriously, it's perfect.  Added a few of the reasons why it is so perfect.
B:  NO, its white.
R:  I happen to like black and white together....looks gooood.
B:  You will spill something on it and ruin it
R:  No I won't, I'm a grown up...I should be able to buy white things.
B:  You are about to be a new mom and get spit up on it and stuff.  NO
R:  But I want it
B:  NO, you cannot buy a white jacket.  Go look for another color.

I already knew there were no other colors in this jacket.  So, I just walked back into the dressing room, in the middle of Dicks, and started crying.   Silly huh?!

Riding to work the other morning I was listening to the radio and "If You're Reading This" by Tim McGraw came on......and the tears came.

I'm telling you these hormone things are crazy!

And because I'm the bigger person...I'll finish telling you my Dick's story.  After I pulled it together in the dressing room.  I checked out with JUST the pants and a red Gatorade (I was dying of thirst).  Halfway to the car, I noticed it.  Right in the middle of my white t-shirt, on top of my bump a dad gum about an inch long, red drip mark.  I am not shitting you.  I had somehow managed to spill my Gatorade before I even made it to the car.  Boy was that embarrassing.  Anyway, I thought it was pretty funny and Brent didn't say all the things he could have (or that I would have, had the situation been reversed).  No, he didn't even say "I told you so."  And we just laughed really we just smiled and went on---it really wasn't that funny still.

Nothing like crying over spilt milk!  And aren't the hormones suppose to be worse after you have the baby?!

(and sorry for all the punctuation marks....I definitely got a little carried away.  But, don't say anything to me about them because I MAY CRY....seriously!

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS