Saturday, January 15, 2011

Worst week ever!

So, it started last Thursday with a sniffle, sneeze, and slight sore throat. This turned into a full blown head cold, which really isn't the end of the world...except for the fact that I find it impossible to fall asleep if I can't breathe through my nose. I'm not exaggerating, mouth breathing is for the birds and I would rather have to mop and sweep 20 other people's houses (and clean their bathtubs) than try to fall asleep breathing through my mouth. One word, crusty!! I finally caved after 4 days of this and decided to take sudafed (md recommendation) and use Afrin (not so much recommended, but according to the Internet not harmful and with Brent's permission)at night.

And I thought that was bad....

Wednesday morning I woke up at 3:30 with upper abdominal pain followed by nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea...and I can't breathe through my nose!! At 8am I called the OB and informed them I was on my death bed...just kidding, kind of! Anyway, they had me come in and of course I was dehydrated....so I was sent over to labor and delivery triage where they gave me two bags of fluid and some meds. My labs were okay and after a couple hours I finally got to go home feeling a good bit better...just tired.

Luckily, been okay since. I think it was just some 24 hour bug. Several neighbors and co-workers have also gotten it (before me). Now, I just don't have the monstrous appetite I have recently had...but hey it's probably a good thing and the scale will thank me later.

I think it's safe to say...I'm on the mend and headed towards 100%. THANK GOD!! I finally got some good sleep last night and feel like a new person. Good thing, because there is much work to be done around here. I'm 30 weeks and 1 day today! That means only 9 weeks, 6 days till due date. Single digits, can you believe it!!

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS