Thursday, April 14, 2011

3 week

Yea, we got a clean bill of health from the pediatrician this afternoon and the best news of all... he said I no longer have to wake him up during the night to feed him!!  Wahoo.  We had been told to feed him every 3-4 hours even at night.

Stats (4/14/11):
weight:  8lbs 13oz (60th percentile)
length:  20.5in (50th percentile)
head circumference:  14.8in (50th percentile)

Stats from 3/25/11:
weight:  7lbs 2oz
length:  19in (they measure differently than the hospital)
head circumference:  13.8in

**you sleep in the pack n' play beside our bed
**from the very first day you have been a Daddy's boy (I think you like his deep voice)
**you eat 4oz (pumped breast milk from a bottle) every 3-4 hours
**Newborn clothes are getting a little tight and 0-3 month clothes are a little loose.
**I usually end up changing your diaper 3 times for every 1 time because you like to pee when your naked :-)  I get peed on at least once a day.  We just moved you up to a size 1 diaper and they are huge on you, but have yet to leak....so that's a done deal.
**Quite possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen is when you grunt and poop (more like an explosion) in your diaper and then lay back all relaxed. It's cute!
**You've probably only spit up 5 times since you've been born.
**When you are awake you are so alert and mostly content just looking around.  At first, it was almost freaky and I felt like I should be teaching you math or something because you look so smart.  You love to lay in your crib and watch the fishes in the toy aquarium and lay on your Baby Einstein play mat.  You are not the biggest fan of tummy time.
**The older you get the more fussy awake you are becoming but are usually easily consolable.

Hampton, 
You are such a good baby and your Dad and I love you more than you will ever know.  It was an instantaneous kind of love bigger than I could have ever imagined.  For the first two weeks I would just cry (hormones :-) because you were/are so perfect.  All I want to do is protect you and keep you safe and healthy and I will do my best. You are the best thing that has ever happened to us and we can't wait to watch you grow and your personality develop.
xoxo,
Mom

Mom randomness
** It's hard to "entertain" a newborn and try to keep them awake.  I've given up.
** I feel like I'm living life in three hour intervals (eat, diaper change, play, sleep... repeat)
** 2 out of 3 mornings I have some sort of accident with the coffee grounds.
**Driving makes me nervous now (more so than before).


These are some pictures from our photo shoot for the birth announcement




1 comment:

Sarah Nell said...

Ramey, Hampton is absolutely adorable!! He looks just like Brent! Isn't becoming a parent such an amazing experience!?!?! Who knew you could love somebody sooooooo much. We wish yall all the happiness in the world! Can't wait for yall to make a trip to gwood so we can meet that handsome little man! Congratulations!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS