Friday, September 2, 2011

Houston, we have a problem (and other stuff)

Our problem is that Hampton is NOT sleeping....unless he's in bed with us and even then it's not a sure bet. BIG PROBLEM! As soon as I lay him in his crib (I've tried drowsy and fully asleep) within one minute the kid is screaming like someone is pulling his toenails off. He has been such the perfect child and such a good sleeper....until the dreaded little toofees. Yes, there are now two. Both bottom two teeth are now poking through the gums. For the record, I hate those little boogers....and 5 months, that's a bit too early for toofees in my opinion. I do have to say though, Hampton is going to look really cute with those two bottom little teeth!


The pediatrician recommends "cry it out." Ummm....I just don't know. I do realize we have created this monster, because we never let him cry longer than like two minutes...but he has always been a perfect little-self soothing- little angel. Anyways, it is becoming a big problem. We are sleep deprived in the Hardin house and I can barely function. The other night I took off towards his room and ran smack dab {centered my right eye} into the door frame of my room. Yes, it left a mark.  And then two days ago, I locked my keys in the car at daycare. Luckily, he wasn't in the car. Also, my throat is getting sore. I am blaming all of this on sleep deprivation and those damn two little toofees! Y'all, I am not my best person in the wee hours of the morning.

In summary, I never thought I would let my child "cry it out" but guys....we are nearing that point. I can barely even function. I'm hoping to take this three day weekend and do a gentle {my} version of the "cry it out" method.  The pediatrician said it takes three days to retrain your child.


In other news:

It's officially football season.  Go away Summer and come on Fall.

and

Kelly is hosting a crock-pot-a-looza.  I've saved a couple of recipes and can't wait to try them because let's be honest....I'm tired and haven't cooked in what feels like forever but would love a good meal when I get home.

I plan on trying out this one over the weekend:
BBQ Pork
1 (2lb) Pork Shoulder
1 can of Dr. Pepper
1 bottle of BBQ sauce

Rinse pork, pat dry.  Place in slow cooker.  Add Dr. Pepper.  Cook on low 6-8 hours.  Drain and shred meat (should just fall apart.  If not, continue cooking).  Return to crock pot and mix in BBQ sauce. 
YUMMO and EASY PEASY!
I'll let you know.

And here is my little-no-sleeping-cute-as-can-be-monster this morning with his football shirt on.  Go Rebels!


He looks pretty innocent, huh?!?

3 comments:

Robyn Doiron said...

Cry it out is tough. The first night Liam screamed for like three hours straight but it got so much better and he is a good sleeper now. Get some ear plugs and turn off the monitor. Good Luck Lady :)

Ramey said...

Thanks Robyn. I'll report back soon!

Elissa said...

Totally had to let Lucas cry it out. He took like a week to get over it...and yes, the first couple nights he cried for like an hour or 2. He's so strong willed, but he was waking up about 6 times a night and I was getting no sleep (he was also about 10 months old!! And I was over him needing me ALL night). Good luck girl!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS