Thursday, September 22, 2011

Today is my Friday


Happy six months to Hampton!!  I can't believe it has already been half of a year. We go for his six month check up and shots tomorrow so I will update after that. 

The other weekend...I finally cleaned out my closet.  I still had things from high school.  I'm not kidding. 

I tried to abide by these rules:
~80/20, most people only wear about 20% of their wardrobe 80% of the time.  So, theoretically you can get rid of 80% and never miss a thing.
~If it does not fit (or fit well).  Get rid of it.
~If something is faded and too worn.  Toss it.
~If I hadn't worn it in a long, long time. See ya.

before:

give away:

after:

I did all this with dreams of a new Fall wardrobe. 

I had a "mommy wardrobe" before I even had a kid {shout out to Hampton here-who made me a Mommy, by far the greatest thing in the world}---that consists of yoga pants, umbros, sweatshirts, and tshirts but now that I am a Mom and really starting to feel like a "grown-up" I need want a more "put-together, mature" kind of look to go along with all my "grown up" responsibilities!

Back to my dreams of a new Fall wardrobe...
We have a small problem.  I am the worst shopper.  Brent will literally send me shopping and tell me I have to spend at least $300 (for example).  And what do I do?  I come back with one thing that cost me like $15.  I know, I have a problem....it basically boils down to the fact that I am cheap.  However, I'm ready now to bite the bullet and invest some big bucks into my wardrobe!! 
Too bad we are broke as a joke now....and I can't wear formula or diapers since this is where all our money is going!

So in my dreams...

I want these!

Could use some cute cardigans...possibly add some cashmere to my wardrobe.  I like this one.



Loving this look





Got to run.  Sushi tonight with the Blackwells!
{I'm in a goofy mood if you can't tell}


No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS