Monday, October 31, 2011

In Sweet, Sweet Memory

David Barrier Mitchell
March 15, 1982 - October 23, 2011

May 2011.  I am so thankful that Hampton got to meet his "Uncle Bear."
And that we have this picture.  This is the last time I ever saw him.


Seriously, I cannot even believe I am writing this.  There are no words.  I am sad.  This last week has been hard.  The hardest our family has ever had.  Through the tears there have also been smiles, laughs and LOVE (lots of love...Barrier was love).  Annie (one of Jenny's best friends) said:
This past week has been the saddest of my life. We lost an incredible person and friend. But through the most horrible sadness I have seen the most amazing strength and love and support shine through. Words cannot describe the sense of peace I know Bear is comforting you with, Jenny. The calm is his arms wrapped around you.

This is true.

So, the only thing I know to do is beg for your prayers.  Especially for his wife, Jennifer (my cousin).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your family's loss. My sister-in-law lost her battle with breast cancer last Thursday evening at the age of 35. She was diagnosed a year ago and leaves two precious little girls behind. It's been a hard few days and still does not feel real. Praying for your family.

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS