Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Yay for 10 months






~ wearing 12mth and 12-18mth clothes
~ size 4 diaper, just switched (finishing out our 3s)
~ 4 or 5 bottles a day, 6ozs
~ words: dada, ball, AND said MA-MA the other day---plain as day (Brent heard him too)!
~ Usually eats 3 meals a day.  Sometimes he's interested and sometimes he's not.  Dislikes--cottage cheese and Mandarin oranges (i think its a texture thing).  Loves--Yogurt, bananas, puffs, crackers.
~ Uses a sippy cup really well.  Prefers water.
~ Crawling, pulling up, and can cruise along toys and furniture with ease.  I predict he will be walking by his first birthday.  Oh my gosh, I can't believe his first birthday is in less than two months!
~ Ahhhh, SLEEP!  He is finally sleeping through the night again 10-12 hours.  We usually put him to bed between 7 and 830 and he sleeps until 6-7am.  We I finally did cry it out--it was time.  I did not shed a tear throughout the whole process.  Go me.  One point for the parents (who are still losing by a landslide)!  The longest he ever cried was like 25 minutes, but it took a little over a week for him to get the message.
~Naps are another story, he usually takes about two cat naps in the morning and a long afternoon nap (1.5-3hrs) on the couch/car seat/stroller/etc.  He will not let me put him down in his crib.  And I just can't make myself let him cry it out for naps because they can't do the same at daycare and I don't feel like that is fair to him.
~ Three more teeth coming in right now.  His two middle, top teeth and a bottom one.
~ Loves to play peek-a-boo ("where's Hampton?  there he is!") and clap.
~ We've had our first sicknesses [pleural] BOO!  Our first was 12/28/11 at my Mom's (lucky me, huh?!  I'm so glad I had my mom---even more so, because Brent was at the hunting camp)  It was an ear infection and "red" throat.  Two days later with the help of Ibuprofen, Tylenol, and Amoxicillin he was on the mend.  Currently, he has had a nasty cough and stuffy nose for a week.  I finally took him to the doctor today to make sure I wasn't missing anything and he gave him some amoxicillin.  I really think he is on the mend so I may hold off on starting that.  I'm not a big fan of giving antibiotics for everything....I'll have to discuss it with Brent, he's still at work.

My Baby is definitely not a baby anymore.  I felt like I was taking his senior portraits today or something!  He is truly amazing and the sweetest little kid I've ever known.  If another baby is crying, he'll start crying too.  He is also a cuddle bug and we call him a little "tree monkey" (thanks to Nina) because he'll just hang on to your neck and hug, hug!  Love it.  However, that amazingness is also coming with an opinion----and I can see glimpses of a very strong-willed, stubborn little boy with a temper!  I wonder where he gets that from?!?!  He knows what no means and does not like it!  Please start praying for us now, haha!!








His first pair real pair of shoes.

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS