Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spring Break 2011

Brent had a Urology conference in Amelia Island so we decided to make a trip of it!  The conference started on Thursday so we went down the Sunday before.  It was our first vacation as a family of three.  We ended up having a great time.  I was a little nervous when we pulled up to the Ritz on Sunday after our 8 hour drive to get there (we pulled out of our driveway in Knoxville at seven am on the dot)....we honestly looked like the Clampetts and I was not sure if this was the place to bring our one year old to :-)  It ended up being very kid friendly and luckily we had beautiful weather the whole week.  Also, Brent's parents came in on Wednesday, so that was quite nice.  Hampton loved the pool but was terrified of the ocean.  He doesn't mind the sand except that there is an ocean way too close for comfort.

 This is the life.




 Nap time by the pool.  The breeze was chilly, especially if you were wet and in the shade.


 This is Hampton clinging to us for dear life....

 We had to literally pry him off.




and then the water got him and we had to leave.  break my heart.  that was his daddy doing.





Whew, I think I've finally got this little ole blog caught up.

By the way, I'm blogging this while Hampton naps.  I'm loving my new gig :-)

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS