Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Yes, we were a little surprised...

Actually, Brent and I were both a little shocked to find out I was pregnant with baby Hardin # 2.  And yes, between my R.N. and Brent's M.D. we know how little babies are made :-)  Anyway, we had been in Birmingham for Brent's mom's transplant that weekend and came home on Sunday.  It was Superbowl Sunday and we had a party to go to that night so when we got into town I ran into the grocery store to pick up some things to bring and decided to throw a $1 pregnancy test in the basket, just to make sure...  Well, lo and behold two pink lines showed up before I could even stand up!!  

I walked around in disbelief for several days as the idea of having two babies settled in.  Don't get me wrong, we were absolutely over the moon thrilled from the moment we saw those two little pink lines....just a little surprised!  And who doesn't love a good GREAT surprise?!?  Truly, it brings tears to my eyes thinking how incredibly blessed and undeserving Brent and I are of another one of God's greatest gifts.  Off subject, I love the stories of parents whose youngest child is around 10 and they get the big surprise :-) 

Hampton and the baby will be 18 months apart.  How much fun will that be for the two of them (in a couple of years)--I pray they will always be best friends.  However,  I'm exhausted just thinking about it. 

The first ultrasound (7wks).  HR 138.

This pregnancy has been very similar to Hampton's.  I was extremely tired from about 6-10 weeks.  I was also nauseous, but never sick, most mornings and evenings.  Unlike when I was pregnant with Hampton and craved fresh fruit and breakfast type stuff like toast and cereal, nothing sounded good to me at the beginning of this pregnancy and I could not make myself drink plain water.  It was pretty miserable in that regard.  Then I started craving sweets....but just when I finished the last bite of a big ole cupcake or brownie it never failed that I decided that was NOT what I had wanted.   

I'm feeling great now.  I'll be back soon with a "formal" pregnancy update.

If you get a chance PLEASE weigh in on the next big question (top, right corner).....Will it be a boy or a girl?  I have lots of thoughts regarding this subject that I also plan on sharing soon.  We find out May 15th.  

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS