Thursday, May 3, 2012

Cheers

To FOUR years!


For some reason, FOUR years feels like a big milestone.

It's taken a while....but I can finally say after 4 years "Ramey Hardin" comes out of my mouth naturally without any hesitation.  No more, "Hi, I'm Ramey Ru uh uh, I mean Hardin.  Ramey Hardin, nice to meet you."  Talk about feeling like a fool (not knowing your own name).    And boy did I get to look like a fool a lot those first couple of months....I mean moving to a new state where you don't know anybody just one month after getting married.  I can remember before we would go somewhere silently repeating in my head, "Ramey Hardin, Ramey Hardin."  Didn't matter, still happened a lot!

4 years in...We are not really cute anymore.  Do you know what I mean?  When someone asks, "How long have y'all been married?"  And the answer is, "Oh, one year" or "two and a half years" (because you know you have to throw in that half).....Well, that is...... just cute.  It was kind of annoying at the time, but I sort of feel that way too now.  Are you smelling what I'm cooking?  Anyways, I think four years is finally getting to be respectable per se.  Like, hey people, we are not just in this for fun....this isn't just a fling.   We've seen good days and we've seen our fair share of bad days.  We are committed to each other.  

Enough of trying to explain the thoughts in my head on paper.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, BRENT!  I love you and I love being married to you.  Thank you for being such a great husband.  You are my best friend and hero.
RH

P.S.  I'm sooo looking forward to eating at Foothills Milling Company this weekend.  Yum Yum, my mouth is already watering.  Like seriously.

P.S.S.  In honor of our four year anniversary.  I think it's about time :-)

My new email address is:   rjrhardin@gmail.com


No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS