Wednesday, May 16, 2012

It's a ... (Halfway There)

Precious little GIRL!!


And most importantly, everything looked perfectly healthy on the anatomy scan.  Thank you Jesus.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that we are having a baby girl--Hampton is going to have a sister.  Oh my lord!  I was sure it was another little boy---I've always pictured myself having all little boys (so has Brent).  Haha.  Coordinating outfits no longer mean matching Polo's.  What am I going to do?  And I do not do bows.  But oh what a blessing to be having a daughter.  I really am thrilled.  Ecstatic!

Moral of story....If I think it is a boy, it's a girl.  If I think it is a girl, it's a boy.  The End.

At 19.5 weeks...

Weight Gain: Right about 5 lbs

Maternity Clothes:  None yet.  Dresses and work out clothes are my best friend.

Sleep:  Pretty good.  I do wake up several times a night even if I do not have to use the restroom.  However, I feel great and do not feel as tired this pregnancy.  Maybe, because I'm not working anymore?!

Movement:  Yes, I've been feeling her move since about 17 weeks.  My placenta is posterior this go round.  Brent has felt her once a couple days ago.  This is my absolute favorite part of pregnancy!

Food Cravings:  Nothing particular.  Loving sweets.  

What I miss:  Nothing in particular :-)  I have an ODoul's every now and then and it seems to hit the spot!

Looking forward to:  Seeing our families next week and buying something pink!

I have thought that these two pregnancies were pretty much exactly a like....but if I had to dig deeper I would say the only two differences I could come up with are that #1- My face was broken out in the beginning with this little girl.  It is fine now.  #2-  My breasts have been more tender and bigger from the beginning this go round. 

6 comments:

RichardandKatie said...

So excited! I will have to make this sweet girl a dress!

Mom said...

Sooo glad you shared about the Breast tenderness - you beautiful Crazy girl. Lol.

Brittney Galloway said...

Congratulations on your baby girl! I'm a new follower from Kelly's Korner- Our first was born 4/2011 and we're expecting our second October 7th!

Rachel said...

Congrats on your baby girl! I just found you through Kelly's blog and I'm due with #1 in October! So exciting to find other October mommies!

Stephanie said...

How fun! I'm due October 11th with our third and we find out NEXT week if it's another girl or another boy. We have a 3 year old daughter and 2 year old son already. Also, girls are SO fun to dress - my daughter is ALL princess - dresses, pretty shoes, pretty hair things, sparkly nails, and all that jazz. I was a little shocked when my son came along and was all about dirt, cars, climbing, and monkeying around. But it is SO fun to see the bond these two already have. I know my son will beat up anyone who ever tries to hurt his sister and my daughter will defend her little brother at all costs.

Elissa said...

So I guess you're not going my route with 3 boys?!? It's too much work anyway, you don't want it, haha J/K. Tell Brent that Aaron says 'Hey' and 'congrats'!!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS