Wednesday, July 11, 2012

My Little Blue-eyed Boy (at 15.5 months)

Stats:

Height:  30.5in  (25th%)
Weight:  23lbs (25%)
Head Circ.:  18.8in (55%)



At 15.5 months...

--You are a great sleeper.  On average about 8p-8a.  Either take one 2 hour nap (around 1230ish) or two 1.5 hour naps everyday (11ish and 345ish).  If you only take one nap a day I put you to bed around 730ish, but if you take two you stay up till about 9ish.  If I know we have plans that night I definitely put you down for that second nap!

--Still don't say too many words.  Mama (I have to say this is the sweetest sound in the world), Dada, Ball, Car, This, trash, ta-ta for thank you (although recently you won't say it for me).  That's about it. You do a lot of pointing and will lead us to whatever you want.

--You are a Mama's boy!  I love it.

--Will give kisses and hugs now (if you feel like it).

--You love Balls and in your little world every round object is a ball.  It could be a street light, balloon, tomato, whatever.  Its become a game for your dad and me to guess what you see that is a "ball."  I'll ask Brent...."Do you see a ball?"   The other night at a restaurant it was the top of a coat rack.

--You also love dogs, shoes and of course Mickey Mouse.

--You eat 3 meals a day and a lot of snacks.  You still love yogurt and bananas.  Recently we've found that you love black beans and also love to snack on a whole apple.  Love milk.  I'm so glad we gave up the bottle when we did....it was so easy (easier for you than me).

--Likes to throw balls/things (Brent has encouraged this and I'm thinking we might regret it), climb, slide and can pretty much run.  Also, you like to read books point to things in books and turn the pages.

--Definitely don't like the word no and can throw a fit!

--Discipline....We are to the point where you need it (really this started around 13.5-14 mths), but I don't think you get "time-out" and I don't like the thought/idea of spanking you.  However, you have had several your share of spankings and time outs.  I'm such a sucker.  I have to remind myself that besides love, discipline is one of the next greatest gifts I can give you :-)  I want, more than anything, for you to be safe and also a well-behaved, kind, thoughtful and respectful person.  I even bought The Happiest Toddler on the Block book, but I have to say I don't really like it at all...it was a waste.

-- Size 4 diaper.  12-18 month clothes.  Some 24 months shirts.  Size 5 shoe.

I know there are so many more things I want to remember about this age (like the way you squish up your nose and breathe really heavy and loud when you get excited or to copy me....your dad actually asked me to stop doing this with you because it looks silly, but I can't because its so stinking cute.  I also think your "yelling" is cute so I will "yell" back and your dad requests I stop that too :-)  We are now working on whispering!  I wish I could just bottle this time up.

I am so thankful for this blog to remind me of things.  In the moment, you think that you will always remember...But, just looking back on Hampton's first year through the blog has reminded me of so much.  I can only imagine in 10 years.  Good Lordy, I can't even think about it!

Hope everyone is having a great week.  I've got to go clean up for Hampton's Nina, Uncle Lowry, Aunt Kayla and cousins, Lexi and Lake who get here tonight.  So excited!



No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS