Thursday, October 25, 2012

The First Two Weeks...

Coming home... 








We got home around noon on Saturday (10/6).  I was so glad to see Hampton and have my family of FOUR all together!  However, poor Hampton did not feel good.  As soon as a gave him a hug I said, "He feels warm."  My mom agreed and it only went downhill from there.  I self diagnosed him with hand, foot and mouth disease (fever, hurt when he swallowed and rash).  The next two days were rough to say the least :-)  I was a nervous wreck Anne Lowry was going to catch this virus at three days old.  I was even making people change their shirts before holding her if they had held Hampton.  Yes, you can imagine all the fun we were having!  After two days, Hampton woke up completely fine and was back to his normal self.....well, his "new, after-baby" normal and things settled down a good bit.







Anne Lowry's newborn visit 10/8/12:
weight:  7lbs 11.5 oz
length:  19 3/4 in
head circumference: 14 in

We ended up having to go back for 2 more weight checks before they were finally confident that she was moving in the right direction.  For the record, I was never concerned (definitely the difference between a first and second kid)!






We were so sad to say goodbye to my mom and Tom after a week.....and scared :-)  We couldn't have made it without them.

Another baby adds A LOT more work!

Fortunately, Brent was able to take that next week off.  We did not do much, just a lot of house keeping things that Brent can never do during the week because of work.  Our one big outing was to the pumpkin patch.  I'll post those pictures later.






I didn't know my heart was capable of loving three people so much.  Yes, I am tired.  Yes, it feels like I'm always having to feed a baby, change a diaper, or remind Brent where he put his [fill in the blank], but I wouldn't trade this time for anything.

My cup is overflowing.

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS