Thursday, July 3, 2014

Hardin Garden Tomatoes (BLT Dip recipe)

My tomato plants are rocking it!  I planted two varieties....the one producing the biggest and prettiest tomatoes is the Big Beef plant.  I can't remember what the other one was, but I think it was a Bad Boy?  Something is wrong with my cucumber plants.  They are producing some "normal" cucumbers---but most are really yellow and are an odd shape.  They still taste good but I don't think I will be sharing those :-)  The zucchini plant has given us three perfect zucchinis so far.



BLT Dip
(You don't need exact measurements--these are approx.  you can adjust the ratios to your taste)
3/4 cup mayonnaise 
3/4 cup sour cream
1-2 chopped tomatoes
bag or Real Bacon Bits
salt/pepper to taste
Mix all together.  I like to stick it back in the fridge for at least 30min and allow the flavors to marry.  Serve with chips, Frito's, or serve on a baguette and add a little lettuce leaf and/or a chopped cherry tomato to make it fancy!


Hope everyone has a Happy and Safe July 4th!!

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS