Monday, February 23, 2015

Bring on the Food!

Last week I took dinner to a friend that just had a baby.  I love to cook so this is one of my favorite ways to "help" if I can.  However, for whatever reason, I was having a hard time coming up with something that sounded good.  I usually take...Chicken spaghetti, green beans, bread, fruit and sometimes dessert (typically brownies or slice and bake cookies).  However, we had just recently had chicken spaghetti and whatever I make I just split or make double for my family that night.  I also noticed on the Meal Train there were several other spaghetti's listed, so I was trying to think outside the box.  

Here is what I ended up taking.  I'm thinking this is going to be my new "go to" dinner to take.  It all came together so easy.  

Chicken Pot Pie
Salad w/homemade Ranch dressing
Bread (Sister Schubert's)
Peach Cobbler with Ice Cream
Fruit 


**All disposable containers = nothing to return afterwards :-)


**Salad.  Easy to remove what you don't like.


**I always like to include fresh fruit--especially if they have a toddler.  I figure even if the toddler is extremely picky---between the fruit and bread, he/she won't go hungry.

Maybe this will give you a new idea or two.  I know from experience that there is nothing better than a home cooked meal for you and your family that you didn't have to cook or clean up after when things are crazy!

  Stay tuned for the Chicken Pot Pie recipe...

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS