Monday, May 11, 2015

Funny things they say....

These pictures are from their first soccer "practice."  Unfortunately, we only made it to 3 of the 6 sessions.  Oops!  I thought it was a good experience, Brent would say otherwise :-)  Nina and Chappy were able to come to the first one.  Each session Hampton and Anne Lowry were interested for the first 20 minutes then it went downhill from there!

Anyway, like I was saying in the last post, Hampton and Anne Lowry are so much fun right now.....I've been keeping a running list for the last week of funny things they have said or random things that they like right now that I don't want to forget....


Anne Lowry calls a bank.....the "Sucker Place."  And, she can spot them from a mile away.

Both Hampton and A.L. mispronounce Banana and Vanilla.  It is  BOOnana and BAnilla.  I should correct them, especially since Hampton is in speech, but its just too cute.  I think these are my favorite mispronunciations!


Instead of a short cut....we took a "long cut" one day ----Hampton

Hampton has his first "bad word."  He uses it when he gets mad at you.  It is "Poo Poo Diaper."
Brent gets on to him for this and I was letting it slide.....however, I've started getting on to him too since Brent does because it was confusing him (meaning he was more likely to let it slip around Brent if I wasn't getting on to him too.)


Anne Lowry was wearing a dress with a bunch of birds and she was pointing and telling me, "Big bird, little bird, big bird.  That's a pattern."  She had to tell me several times before I caught on.  

The other day at lunch the kiddos were arguing about who got to sit on a specific side of their table....this went on and on until finally I just moved another chair to the same side of the table, so they could both sit there.  Anne Lowry said, "Yay, you solved the problem!"

I'm not sure I would have believed a two and a half year old said these things if someone told me, but I swear, word for word, that's what she said.  I mean, who's child is this?!?  


Both of them love to ask...."Did God or people make ____________?"  For example, "Did God make the road?"  No, people did.  "Did people make dirt?"  No, God did.  Funny thing is, I remember doing this same thing when I was a kid.  I had to have been around 8 years old doing this to remember, but I can vividly recall asking my mom if God made a telephone pole (I was sitting in the front seat too)....and just trying to sort it out in my head.

Both are obsessed with band aids.  Cure for everything.  Hampton is also obsessed with gum and has pretty much mastered just chewing it then spitting it out.  He does best with minty or "spicy" as he calls it.  I thought I was being a cool mom once he got the hang of chewing it and bought a pack of some fruity gum....well, bless it, he couldn't help but swallow it after just a little while.  So, we stick with "spicy" and he does great!


The other day in the car I was telling them to hold on to your horses as I made a turn and Hampton says as serious as can be, "I don't have a horse."  

Going to the baseball game AL says, "the teddy bear going to be there?"  Meaning the Rebel Black Bear.  She's not a fan!

I am so blessed to be called momma by these two.  I adore and genuinely just like hanging out with them.  Yes, they drive me nuts sometimes but I wouldn't trade them or those times for anything in this world!

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS