Thursday, March 10, 2016

3 weeks with our Pink Caboose!


Three weeks flew by and I am trying to soak up every bit! 

Let's start with some stats:
When she was born (Thurs) she weighed 7lbs 6 oz
When we were discharged on Saturday she weighed 6lbs 12 oz
We went back for a weight check on Tuesday and she was 6lbs 13oz

At 11 days old on 2/15/16 we went for her first peds appt.
she still weighed 6lbs 13 oz (14%)
Height:  20.5in (66%)
Head circ: 34.5cm (22%)  Way smaller than my other babies' heads!

Went back for a weight check 3 days later on her 2 week birthday and she was 7lbs even....going the right direction, just slowly.

At 3 weeks she weighed 7lbs 10oz.  Yay, finally made it past birth weight!

At 3 weeks you are still sleeping a lot.  
No real schedule but I make sure you eat every 2-3 hours during the day and at night I will let you go about 4 hours.  Yes, I have to wake you up to eat at night and then you go right back to sleep for another 3-4 hours until about 5-530am and we start our day.  You are a GREAT sleeper.  Hallelujah!  You love the car seat and always fall asleep in it.
Still wearing newborn clothing and diapers.  
Still haven't had a "real" bath.  I just lay you beside the sink on a towel and go from there.  Definitely third child problems!  
Hampton is still not very interested and doesn't want much to do with you!
Anne Lowry still LOVES you and always wants to hold you and know what you are doing.  I do have to remind her to be gentle every so often.
You get fussy in the late afternoon until you go to bed.  
sleeping in a rock-n-play beside our bed.
Still have all your dark hair.
Not sure what color your eyes will be....still dark now but I can see some blue in them too.  Pretty sure Anne Lowry's were the exact same and they turned out blue?!

Biggest News for Last :-)
I am BREASTFEEDING you!  Like not pumping but breastfeeding.  You guys know that I have never been a fan of breastfeeding since my horrible experience with Hampton.  However, I am a fan of breast milk and think that is best....so luckily I have been able to give each baby breast milk till about 3 months through exclusively pumping.  I figured I would do the same for Hollins, however, in the hospital I tried to breastfeed her a few times and she was a natural.  So here we are 3 weeks later and still going and she's gaining weight.  Now don't get me wrong I love it and definitely think it is the sweetest gift I could have ever asked for with my last baby....but I am still no breastfeeding activist or anything :-)

Pictures and info are from when Hollins was 3 weeks....Hard to believe she is 5 weeks today (8lbs 6oz).  It's literally taken me 2 weeks to finish this one post!  Enjoy the pics, I wish I could bottle up this newborn-ness ( i think that should totally be a word, newborn-ness)!  She already seems so much bigger than when these pictures were taken.






This picture (above) is 100% Brent Jr.....looks just like he did!








No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS