Tuesday, April 12, 2016

2 months with Hollins (hang on to your hats, this is a long one)

Stats (taken on 3/29/16)

Height:  22.5in (67%)
Weight:  9lbs 9oz  (27%) 
Head Circ.:  38cm (40%)


Oh girl, where should we start?!  Let's back track a little....apparently the first three weeks with you were sort of a "honeymoon" period because after that....things got colicky!  Thankfully, you were/are a great sleeper and sleep a ton, but if you were awake, you were either crying or about to cry.  Seriously, from the hours of 6-10p every night we were doing everything we knew to do to keep you from screaming/crying.  After several weeks it was beginning to take its toll on your daddy and I :-)  Finally, on Good Friday morning I called and left a message with your pediatrician's nurse and said that we needed to be seen sooner than our scheduled two month appointment which was April 12th because "she cries a lot"!  So they worked us in on that coming Tuesday.  I just knew you were going to be a perfect angel in there and I was going to sound like some crazy momma who had never had a kid before.....however, you came through for me and cried the. whole. entire. appointment.  Dr. Dennis said you looked great (no surprise!) besides a faint heart murmur and prescribed us some Zantac to see if that would help, but more than likely you were just more of a colicky baby and would grow out of it.  Could be 3 months, 4 months, 6 months.....Let me tell you, it took a lot not to break down in tears right then and there.  And I am not a crier!  Then, I would have just cried after I got in the car, but I had to go to the grocery store after your appointment.... 

Anyway, after that horrible two month appointment you have been a different child!  Seriously, you are so much more content.  And all your cries are generally consolable with the normal baby fixes.  It is a night and day difference.  I have 3 theories on what changed...
1.  The medicine is working.  Zantac and Colic Calm (Colic Calm is an OTC homeopathic, black medicine, that all my friends recommended)
2.  We had hit rock bottom, so there was no where to go but up.
3.  Just finally making the Dr. appt and going "cured" you.  This has always been the case for me.  Hampton or Anne Lowry can be sick with something that I know is just a virus or something that the doctor can't help with (random fever, cough) and finally after a few days I just take them in to make sure I'm not missing anything...99% of the time I'm not, but magically they are better the next day, no medicine, nothing and I always joke I should have just called the doctor and taken them in on day one! Does this happen to anyone else?

Honestly, if you had been my first or second child I think I may have gone crazy.  But there is something about knowing you are my last baby that has really made all your crying completely bearable and I sure don't mind holding you (most of the time).  Could be that I'm older and I now know this is such a short season.  From the moment they said "It's a girl"  I have been smitten with you.  And my first glimpse of you had me swooning.  This has not changed or wavered at all.  I'm pretty sure you are going to be able to get away with murder in this family!!  If you ever want for anything all you will have to do is flash your "baby card."

Wow, I didn't mean to write a novel.   But I'm glad to have these "memories" documented.  For better or worse, HA!

Now, for some of the fun little details....

--Still just breastfeeding!  Go Me!! Usually every 2-3 hours during the day.  When you take a bottle it's usually 3-4oz.
--Size 1 diapers.
--Just moved out of most 0-3 mth clothing and into 3 mths.
--Still sleeping in rock-n-play beside our bed.
--usually sleeps from 930p- 3am and eats then right back to sleep till around 6 or 7am. (Praise the Lord.  I can do fussy during the day if I've had my sleep :-)
--Just started really smiling at us
--cooing and "talking"
--Loves her bath, car seat, ceiling fans/lights, walks/car rides.
--you had a bad case of acne for a couple weeks. In an attempt to help with your "colic" I quit drinking milk and although it didn't really help your "colic" your acne did clear up almost immediately.  I think it was just a cruel coincidence though!!  I still don't just drink milk anymore though....just in case!

Sweet Girl, you have completely stolen our hearts (despite the crying)!!
We (Mommy, Daddy, and Anne Lowry) love you more than anything. You are still slowly growing on Hampton ;-)

There are not enough kisses for these cheeks...













No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS